regional development grants
20172018 AAR Regional Development Grant Application Cycle
provide funds for special projects within the regions that promise to benefit the scholarly and professional life of AAR members and do the work of the AAR in the regions. Workshops, special programs, training events and other innovative regional projects may be funded through this source. Generally, grants funded fall into two categories: seed funding to begin ongoing regional initiatives, or one-time funds for special projects. Where possible, projects should be designed so that they may be duplicated or transported to other regions.
The lead applicant(s) must have current AAR membership. If their proposal is selected, the applicants(s) must maintain AAR membership throughout the grant period.
In general, grants will not be given to the same individuals in consecutive years.
No grant will exceed $4, 000.
All grant applications must be submitted electronically through the AAR’s Regional Development Grant Online Submission System.
All grant proposals should include the following:
- Contact Information: Complete contact information for all parties involved in developing the grant proposal.
- Project Description: A narrative description of the project detailing how the project promises to benefit the scholarly and professional life of AAR members and the work of the region.
- Statement: A statement on how this project or activities may be adapted to other regional groups or a brief explanation of why this project is region-specific.
- Timeline: A clear timeline for the completion of the grant. Please note that projects are to be completed within one year of award announcement, unless other arrangements have been made with the AAR Executive Office.
- Budget: A detailed budget, including office expenses, travel expenses, honoraria, stipend, and other expenses. Please note that institutional overhead costs may not be included in this budget.